East End Red Kidney Beans (in Water, Salt Added)
East End Red Kidney Beans (in Water, Salt Added) 400g
Product Description: East End kidney beans posses a soft texture and are a healthy addition to many dishes. They are used in various cuisines and can be served cold in salads or hot in delicious curries and chillies.
Recipe for Red Kidney Bean Curry:
½ teaspoon of salt to taste
4 tablespoons of East End Vegetable oil
1 medium sized onion chopped
½ teaspoon of chilli powder
1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
8oz of chopped and peeled tomatoes
1 tablespoon Garam masala
1. Drain the red kidney beans and wash in cold water
2. In a saucepan, heat the oil and fry onions until they are golden brown.
3. Add to the onions 200g of chopped tomatoes, salt, chilli powder, and turmeric powder.
4. Stir the contents and fry on a medium heat until the mixture is well blended and the oil has separated.
5. Add the red kidney beans, cover and cook on a low heat for 10-15 minutes.
6. Add a little water if the mixture dries to achieve the desired consistency.
7. Sprinkle a little Garam Masala powder, stir and it is ready to serve.
Ingredients: Red Kidney Beans, Water, Salt
Allergy Information: Suitable for Vegetarians. This product may contain a trace of nuts
Storage Information: Store in a cool, dry place, in an airtight container