East End Gungo Peas (Pigeon Peas) (in Salted Water)
East End Gungo Peas (Pigeon Peas) (in Salted Water) 400g
Product Description: Our Gungo peas are cleaned meticulously to remove any impurities to provide you with the highest quality. Gungo peas are also known as pigeon peas and are a great source of fibre and nutrients. In Indian food they are cooked with a range of spices and ingredients to create an authentic Indian curry, popular with vegetarians.
How to Prepare:
1. Sort through and discard any hardened kernels.
2. Wash in 3-4 changes of clean water.
3. Soak in enough water to cover for at least 3-4 hours.
4. Replace water with fresh water, bring to the boil and boil for at least 15 minutes.
5. Simmer for 15 minutes or until tender ensuring saucepan does not run dry.
Ingredients: Gungo Peas
Allergy Information: Suitable for Vegetarians. This product may contain a trace of nuts
Storage Information: Store in a cool, dry place, in an airtight container