East End Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi)
East End Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi) 200g
Product Description: Methi Kasoori (Fenugreek) is a popular spice of Middle East, Asia and especially in India. Methi Kasoori leaves are generally used for flavoring purpose. The dry Methi Kasoori leaves have very sweet and pleasant odor which makes it so popular. Methi Kasoori seed is also used as spice. Sweet smell of Fenugreek leave makes Chicken delicious. In this recipe we will use both Methi Kasoori dry leaves and Methi Kasoori spice (seed). In some part of India the fresh Methi Kasoori leaves are also used as vegetables like spinach.
East End Methi Kasoori is available in any Indian store.
Time of Preparation: 30 mints
Ingredients: These all ingredients are listed based on four serving plates. If you want to prepare little more or less, you need to adjust the amount of ingredients accordingly.
- Boneless, skinless chicken, cut into small pieces (one or one & half inch square) - 2 lbs.
- White onions cut into small square pieces - 1 large size.
- Green pepper cut into small square pieces - 1 medium size each.
- Green Chilli - 6 in numbers.
- East End Red Chilli powder - half tablespoon.
- Dry Kasuri Methi (Fenugreek) leaves - 3 tablespoons.
- East End Methi Kasoori (Fenugreek) seed - half tablespoon.
- East End Ginger powder- one tablespoon.
- East End Coriander powder - 4 tablespoons.
- Plain fat free Yogurt - 4 tablespoons.
- Vinegar - 1 tablespoon.
- Vegetable oil as required.
- Sugar to taste.
- Salt to taste.
Process: The whole process of preparing this is very easy and actual preparation time is less than 30 minutes. You might need little more time to marinate the chicken. You may marinate the chicken any time of the day and then actual preparation should not take more than half an hour.
- Chop the onions and green pepper into medium pieces. The onion and green pepper pieces should not be too small or not too big. Also chop the green Chilli into small sizes.
- Take the chicken pieces into a bowl and add yogurt, salt, ginger and vinegar. Mix it well and marinate the mixture for at least 2 hours. If you keep the chicken for more than two hours, it is not going to harm anything. But it is better to cook that chicken within next six hours.
- Make the dry Methi Kasoori leaves as powder.
- Put little vegetable oil in a dip frying pan and add Methi Kasoori seeds when oil is hot enough. And immediately add the marinated chicken also.
- Try to cook the chicken in low flame with a cover for 10 minutes.
- In another pan add some oil and fry the onions and green pepper together until onions are little brownish. This onion and pepper should not be a complete fry.
- Now add this half fried onion and pepper to the chicken and also add the coriander powder & red Chilli powder. Add one tablespoon of sugar.
- Cook this whole thing in covered condition and in low flame for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Open up the cover and add Methi Kasoori (Fenugreek) powder you made earlier.
- Serve the preparation with little grinded black pepper.
Hope you will love this dish. This Chicken preparation is little hot, but it is a nice combination with the pleasant odor of Methi Kasoori.
Ingredients: Dried Fenugreek Leaves