East End Brown Basmati Rice 2kg
East End Brown Basmati Rice 5kg
Product Description: Brown Basmati rice boasts many health benefits. The difference between the brown rice and the white rice is due to the outer husk of the white rice being removed. This allows the brown rice to retain a lot of its vitamins and minerals. Brown basmati rice holds nuttier flavour and is more chewy than white basmati rice.
Our Basmati Rice is perfect for accompanying Indian food or adding a healthy twist to any meal. The rice produces a strong flavour and aroma while maintaining a soft and non-sticky appearance once cooked. This basmati rice is a must when cooking for friends or family.
How to Cook:
Hob - From Chilled/Ambient
- Wash 250g (8oz) of rice thoroughly.
- Add rice to 2 pints of lightly salted water.
- Heat to boiling; stir once or twice.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer.
- Cook for 45 to 50 minutes.
- If rice is not quite tender replace lid and cook 2 to 4 minutes longer.
- Drain in sieve.
- Transfer the rice into a serving bowl and stir in a little butter or margarine (whichever preferred) to maintain separation of grain - then serve.
Microwave – From Chilled/Ambient
- Wash 250g (8oz) rice and put into a deep microwave bowl.
- Add 525 ml lightly salted water.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 minutes or until boiling.
- Reduce setting to MEDIUM and cook for 30 minutes, stand for 5 minutes then serve.
Ingredients: Brown Basmati Rice
Allergy Information: Suitable for Vegetarians. This product may contain traces of nuts.
Storage Information: Store in a cool, dry place, in an airtight container.